- 1 peach, halved, pitted and sliced
- 1 plum, halved, pitted and sliced
- 1 nectarine, halved pitted and sliced
- 1 apricot, halved pitted and sliced
- 20 cherries, pitted
- 1/4 cup of peach schnapps
- 1 bottle (750 ml) chilled white wine
- 4 cups of chilled 7-up ( or you may also use ginger ale or club soda)
Place sliced fruit in a large pitcher. Add peach schnapps, wine and let it stand in refrigerator for an hour. Then add 7-up. Serve over ice.
This cocktail is my homage to some of the best of summer’s fruit. It’s my swansong to summer, if you will. Because I decided to enjoy a variety of stone fruit all at once while I contemplate what I’m going to be baking for fall! It’s light and refreshing and sweetly peachy! And when your cocktail is gone, the wine soaked fruit is the perfect snack to munch on while you are waiting for your refill! As always, I pair my cocktails with a piece of music that I love. Today, that is Caroline Herring, singing Stone Cold World.